Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 8e
by Marilyn J. Hockenberry PhD RN PNP-BC FAAN, David Wilson MS RNC-NIC
Hardcover: 1280 pages
List Price: $99.95
The #1 pediatric nursing textbook on the market, this book is known for its accuracy, current research, and highly readable writing style. It provides a foundation in child development and health promotion, and covers specific health problems ― organized by age groups and body systems, so you can individualize care at the appropriate level for each child. A streamlined approach, superior illustrations, and a full-color design make it easy to find and understand key nursing information.
- A family focus emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness.
- A “wellness emphasis includes age-specific information on health promotion and injury prevention relevant to specific age groups, and discusses play, safety, language, self-esteem, nutrition, dental health, sleep, exercise, and sexuality.
- Detailed presentations of pathophysiology in disorder sections provide a clear understanding of the impact of disease on normal physiologic functions.
- Critical thinking exercises help you apply your knowledge and clinical judgments to specific situations.
- Nursing Care Guidelines boxes provide clear, step-by-step instructions for performing specific skills or procedures.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes help you apply research and critical thought processes to support and guide the outcomes of nursing care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes provide guidance for administering nursing care with minimal pain or stress to the child, family, and nurse.
- Ethical case studies reflect complex patient care situations and illustrate proper consideration in care delivery.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues and provide additional resources on caring for children outside the clinical setting.
- Emergency Treatment boxes provide quick reference in critical situations.
- Nursing Alerts provide critical information and Nursing Tips provide helpful hints.
- Cultural Awareness boxes highlight ways in which variations in beliefs and practices affect child care.
- Chapter Outlines and Learning Objectives guide your approach to learning.
- Key Points help you review and learn important concepts.
- Up-to-date references highlight research and focus your review of important content.
- Spanish-English translations in the appendix feature words and phrases commonly used in nurse-parent interactions.
- Related Topics and Additional Resources in each chapter refer you to related information inside the book and in ancillary materials.
- Free companion CD features NCLEX exam-style review questions, animations, critical thinking questions, case studies, modifiable nursing care plans, pediatric assessment video clips, illustrated pediatric skills, anatomy reviews, and more.
- New Pain Assessment and Management in Children chapter consolidates coverage of this subject for easy reference.
- Nursing care plans provide a model for planning patient care, including nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and newly included NIC and NOC classifications.
- Family-Centered Care boxes help you prepare families to cope with their child’s care in special situations, providing information on patient teaching, home care, and incorporating the family in the child’s care.
- Nursing process boxes provide streamlined, accessible information on major diseases and conditions.
- Study Guide for Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 9e
- Clinical Companion for Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
- Olds' Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women's Health Across the Lifespan (8th Edition)
- Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 6e
- Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, 9e
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.