What is a p-value anyway? 34 Stories to Help You Actually Understand Statistics
by Andrew J. Vickers
Paperback: 240 pages
List Price: $38.67
Your Price: $31.87
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
What is a p-value Anyway? offers a fun introduction to the fundamental principles of statistics, presenting the essential concepts in thirty-four brief, enjoyable stories. Drawing on his experience as a medical researcher, Vickers blends insightful explanations and humor, with minimal math, to help readers understand and interpret the statistics they read every day.
Describing data; Data distributions; Variation of study results: confidence intervals; Hypothesis testing; Regression and decision making; Some common statistical errors, and what they teach us
For all readers interested in statistics.
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data
- Teaching Statistics: A Bag of Tricks
- Statistics in Plain English, Third Edition
- The Cartoon Guide to Statistics
- The Lady Tasting Tea: How Statistics Revolutionized Science in the Twentieth Century
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.