The Rails 3 Way (2nd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
by Obie Fernandez
Paperback: 768 pages
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional
List Price: $49.99
Your Price: $28.01
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The Rails™ 3 Way is a comprehensive resource that digs into the new features in Rails 3 and perhaps more importantly, the rationale behind them.
—Yehuda Katz, Rails Core
The Bible for Ruby on Rails Application Development
Ruby on Rails strips complexity from the development process, enabling professional developers to focus on what matters most: delivering business value via clean and maintainable code. The Rails™ 3 Way is the only comprehensive, authoritative guide to delivering production-quality code with Rails 3. Pioneering Rails expert Obie Fernandez and a team of leading experts illuminate the entire Rails 3 API, along with the idioms, design approaches, and libraries that make developing applications with Rails so powerful. Drawing on their unsurpassed experience and track record, they address the real challenges development teams face, showing how to use Rails 3 to maximize your productivity.
Using numerous detailed code examples, the author systematically covers Rails 3 key capabilities and subsystems, making this book a reference that you will turn to again and again. He presents advanced Rails programming techniques that have been proven effective in day-to-day usage on dozens of production Rails systems and offers important insights into behavior-driven development and production considerations such as scalability. Dive deep into the Rails 3 codebase and discover why Rails is designed the way it is—and how to make it do what you want it to do.
This book will help you
- Learn what’s new in Rails 3
- Increase your productivity as a web application developer
- Realize the overall joy in programming with Rails
- Leverage Rails’ powerful capabilities for building REST-compliant APIs
- Drive implementation and protect long-term maintainability using RSpec
- Design and manipulate your domain layer using Active Record
- Understand and program complex program flows using Action Controller
- Master sophisticated URL routing concepts
- Learn to extend Rails with popular gems and plugins, and how to write your own
- Extend Rails with the best third-party plug-ins and write your own
- Integrate email services into your applications with Action Mailer
- Improve application responsiveness with background processing
- Create your own non-Active Record domain classes using Active Model
- Master Rails’ utility classes and extensions in Active Support
- Eloquent Ruby (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- The Ruby Programming Language
- Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby: An Agile Primer (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Ruby on Rails Tutorial: Learn Web Development with Rails (2nd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
- Agile Web Development with Rails 3.2 (Pragmatic Programmers)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.