A Writer's Reader (9th Edition)
by Donald Hall, D.L. Emblen
Paperback: 736 pages
List Price: $103.20
Highly respected poets, Hall and Emblem have chosen classical and contemporary selections to make this a delightful writer's companion, now in it's ninth edition. A Writer's Reader is a collection of essays, short stories, and poems organized alphabetically by author. Several readings by the same author are provided for a closer look at a writer's style. A rhetorical and thematic index is included to allow readers a way of cross-referencing selections. Overall, A Writer's Reader contains an appealing range of types of selections-essays, a few short stories, a lecture, and a few poems. The collection includes both classic and contemporary writers-such as Maya Angelou, W.H. Auden, Ralph Ellison, Louise Erdrich, Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, Tillie Olsen, Brent Staples, Henry David Thoreau, Mark Twain, Alice Walker, and many others. MARKET For anyone interested in a neatly arranged and useful collection of inspiring short readings.
- Growing Up in the South (Signet Classics)
- The Story and Its Writer: An Introduction to Short Fiction, Compact 8th Edition
- Dream Me Home Safely: Writers on Growing Up in America
- The Hodges Harbrace Handbook, 18th Edition
- Nation of Secrets: The Threat to Democracy and the American Way of Life
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.