Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer
by Roy Peter Clark
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
List Price: $16.00
Your Price: $7.90
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
"Writing is a craft you can learn," says Roy Peter Clark. "You need tools, not rules." His book distills decades of experience into 50 tools that will help any writer become more fluent and effective.
WRITING TOOLS covers everything from the most basic ("Tool 5: Watch those adverbs") to the more complex ("Tool 34: Turn your notebook into a camera") and provides more than 200 examples from literature and journalism to illustrate the concepts. For students, aspiring novelists, and writers of memos, e-mails, PowerPoint presentations, and love letters, here are 50 indispensable, memorable, and usable tools.
"Pull out a favorite novel or short story, and read it with the guidance of
"For all the aspiring writers out there-whether you're writing a novel or a technical report-a respected scholar pulls back the curtain on the art." -
"This is a useful tool for writers at all levels of experience, and it's entertainingly written, with plenty of helpful examples." -Booklist
- On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
- How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times
- The Book on Writing: The Ultimate Guide to Writing Well
- It Was the Best of Sentences, It Was the Worst of Sentences: A Writer's Guide to Crafting Killer Sentences
- 100 Ways to Improve Your Writing (Mentor Series)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.