Eating Between the Lines: The Supermarket Shopper's Guide to the Truth Behind Food Labels
by Kimberly Lord Stewart
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
List Price: $18.00
Your Price: $12.96
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
If you--like millions of other Americans--still don't know how to read food labels and are frustrated by the hundreds of nutrition and health claims as well as statements like free-range and grassfed, it's time to learn what you're really putting into your body…find out how to select the most healthy foods at the supermarket and still get dinner on the table by 6:00 pm with EATING BETWEEN THE LINES
Shopping is no longer as simple as deciding what's for dinner. Food labels like "organic," "natural," "low carb," and "fat free!" scream out at you from every aisle at the supermarket. Some claims are certified by authoritative groups such as the FDA and USDA, but much of our country's nutrition information is simply a marketing ploy. If you want to know what food labels really mean--and what they could mean to your health--EATING BETWEEN THE LINES will explain why:
--Chickens labeled "free range" may never actually see daylight
--Organic seafood may be a misnomer.
--The words "hormone-free" on pork, eggs and poultry is meaningless
--"Low fat" cookies and "heart-healthy" cereals may contain heart damaging trans-fatty acids
…and more. Organized by supermarket section, from the vegetable aisle to the dairy case, EATING BETWEEN THE LINES also features more than seventy actual food labels and detachable shopping lists for your convenience--and to help bring the best food to the table for you and your family.
- A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, 7th Edition: Descriptions in Plain English of More Than 12,000 Ingredients Both Harmful and Desirable Found in Foods
- The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Health by Creating pH Balance in Your Diet
- The Detox Diet, Third Edition: The Definitive Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans
- Twinkie, Deconstructed: My Journey to Discover How the Ingredients Found in Processed Foods Are Grown, Mined (Yes, Mined), and Manipulated into What America Eats
- The Everything Start Your Own Business Book, 4th Edition with CD: New and updated strategies for running a successful business (Everything Series)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.