Letters to the Church: A Survey of Hebrews and the General Epistles
by Karen H. Jobes
Hardcover: 496 pages
List Price: $44.99
Your Price: $28.58
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Respected New Testament scholar Karen Jobes explores the cultural and theological background of Hebrews and the general epistles (James through Jude) in this rich commentary. Writing from an evangelical perspective, Jobes addresses issues of historical relevance as well as how these ancient books connect with Christian faith and practice today. Letters to the Church includes: -Historical background for each book focusing on authorship, genre, date, and content -An exploration of the major themes in each book and detailed commentary on key passages -Boxes with chapter goals, outlines, challenges, and significant verses -Sidebars addressing difficult passages or ideas -Maps, photographs, charts, and definitions -Questions for discussion, reflection, and testing -A comparison of the teachings about Christ in each of the letters Pastors, professors, students, and laypeople interested in deeper biblical study will find this an invaluable resource that offers well-researched commentary in an accessible, spiritually meaningful form.
- The Theology of the Book of Revelation (New Testament Theology)
- The Triumph of Christianity: How the Jesus Movement Became the World's Largest Religion
- Christ, Baptism and the Lord's Supper: Recovering the Sacraments for Evangelical Worship
- The Letter of James (Pillar New Testament Commentary)
- Reading 1-2 Peter and Jude: A Resource for Students (Resources for Biblical Study)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.