College Admission: From Application to Acceptance, Step by Step
by Robin Mamlet, Christine VanDeVelde
Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: Three Rivers Press
List Price: $19.99
Your Price: $13.85
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
College Admission is the ultimate user's manual and go-to guide for any student or family approaching the college application process.
Featuring the wise counsel of more than 50 deans of admission, no other guide has such thorough, expert, compassionate, and professional advice.
Let’s be honest: applying to college can be stressful for students and parents. But here’s the good news: you can get in. Robin Mamlet has been dean of admission at three of America's most selective colleges, and journalist and parent Christine VanDeVelde has been through the process first hand. With this book, you will feel like you have both a dean of admission and a parent who has been there at your side.
Inside this book, you'll find clear, comprehensive, and expert answers to all your questions along the way to an acceptance letter:
• The role of extracurricular activities
• What it means to find a college that's the "right fit"
• What's more important: high grades or tough courses
• What role does testing play
• The best candidates for early admission
• When help from parents is too much help
• Advice for athletes, artists, international students, and those with learning differences
• How wait lists work
• Applying for financial aid
This will be your definitive resource during the sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school.
- Admission Matters: What Students and Parents Need to Know About Getting into College
- Conquering the College Admissions Essay in 10 Steps, Second Edition: Crafting a Winning Personal Statement
- Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014
- On Writing the College Application Essay, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Key to Acceptance at the College of Your Choice
- Get It Together for College: A Planner to Help You Get Organized and Get In
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.