Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future
by Robert B. Reich
Paperback: 208 pages
List Price: $14.95
Updated for paperback publication, Aftershock is a brilliant reading of the causes of our current economic crisis, with a plan for dealing with its challenging aftermath.
When the nation’s economy foundered in 2008, blame was directed almost universally at Wall Street bankers. But Robert B. Reich, one of our most experienced and trusted voices on public policy, suggests another reason for the meltdown. Our real problem, he argues, lies in the increasing concentration of wealth in the hands of the richest Americans, while stagnant wages and rising costs have forced the middle class to go deep into debt. Reich’s thoughtful and detailed account of where we are headed over the next decades—and how we can fix our economic system—is a practical, humane, and much-needed blueprint for restoring America’s economy and rebuilding our society.
- Beyond Outrage: Expanded Edition: What has gone wrong with our economy and our democracy, and how to fix it (Vintage)
- Reason: Why Liberals Will Win the Battle for America
- The United States of Europe: The New Superpower and the End of American Supremacy
- When Corporations Rule the World
- Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class - And What We Can Do about It (BK Currents (Paperback))
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.