Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
by Gary Taubes
Paperback: 288 pages
List Price: $15.95
Your Price: $10.33
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Building upon his critical work in Good Calories, Bad Calories and presenting fresh evidence for his claim, Gary Taubes revisits the urgent question of what’s making us fat—and how we can change.
He reveals the bad nutritional science of the last century—none more damaging or misguided than the “calories-in, calories-out” model of why we get fat—and the good science that has been ignored. He also answers the most persistent questions: Why are some people thin and others fat? What roles do exercise and genetics play in our weight? What foods should we eat, and what foods should we avoid? Persuasive, straightforward, and practical, Why We Get Fat is an essential guide to nutrition and weight management.
- Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health
- Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
- New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great.
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.