The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
by Jackie Battenfield
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Da Capo Press
List Price: $18.99
Your Price: $14.57
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Providing real-life examples, illustrations, and step-by-step exercises, Battenfield offers readily applicable advice on all aspects of the job. Along with tips on planning and assessment, she presents strategies for self-management, including marketing, online promotion, building professional relationships, grant writing, and portfolio development.
Each chapter ends with an insightful Reality Check” interview, featuring advice and useful information from high-profile artists and professionals.
The result is an inspiring, experiential guide brimming with field-tested techniques that readers can easily apply to their own career.
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- Art, Inc.: The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist
- Making It in the Art World: New Approaches to Galleries, Shows, and Raising Money
- Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.