The Artist's Guide: How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
by Jackie Battenfield
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Da Capo Press
List Price: $17.95
Your Price: $14.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Providing real-life examples, illustrations, and step-by-step exercises, Battenfield offers readily applicable advice on all aspects of the job. Along with tips on planning and assessment, she presents strategies for self-management, including marketing, online promotion, building professional relationships, grant writing, and portfolio development.
Each chapter ends with an insightful Reality Check” interview, featuring advice and useful information from high-profile artists and professionals.
The result is an inspiring, experiential guide brimming with field-tested techniques that readers can easily apply to their own career.
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- Making It in the Art World: New Approaches to Galleries, Shows, and Raising Money
- I'd Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self-Promotion
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
- The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing: How to Find Funds and Write Foolproof Proposals for the Visual, Literary, and Performing Artist
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.