This Borrowed Earth: Lessons from the Fifteen Worst Environmental Disasters around the World (MacSci)
by Robert Emmet Hernan
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan Trade
List Price: $17.00
Your Price: $15.24
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Over the last century mankind has irrevocably damaged the environment through the unscrupulous greed of big business and our own willful ignorance. Here are the strikingly poignant accounts of disasters whose names live in infamy: Chernobyl, Bhopal, Exxon Valdez, Three Mile Island, Love Canal, Minamata and others. And with these, the extraordinary and inspirational stories of the countless men and women who fought bravely to protect the communities and environments at risk.
- No Room at the Table: Earth's Most Vulnerable Children
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
- Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software
- US Environmental Policy in Action: Practice and Implementation
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.