This Borrowed Earth: Lessons from the Fifteen Worst Environmental Disasters around the World (Macmillan Science)
by Robert Emmet Hernan
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan Trade
List Price: $17.00
Your Price: $13.41
Availability: Usually ships in 1 to 2 months
Over the last century mankind has irrevocably damaged the environment through the unscrupulous greed of big business and our own willful ignorance. Here are the strikingly poignant accounts of disasters whose names live in infamy: Chernobyl, Bhopal, Exxon Valdez, Three Mile Island, Love Canal, Minamata and others. And with these, the extraordinary and inspirational stories of the countless men and women who fought bravely to protect the communities and environments at risk.
- No Room at the Table: Earth's Most Vulnerable Children
- Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
- The Americans: The Colonial Experience
- The Cold Dish: A Longmire Mystery
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.