Influence: Science and Practice (5th Edition)
by Robert B. Cialdini
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Allyn and Bacon
List Price: $33.60
Your Price: $16.45
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Influence: Science and Practice is an examination of the psychology of compliance (i.e. uncovering which factors cause a person to say “yes” to another's request).
Written in a narrative style combined with scholarly research, Cialdini combines evidence from experimental work with the techniques and strategies he gathered while working as a salesperson, fundraiser, advertiser, and in other positions inside organizations that commonly use compliance tactics to get us to say “yes.” Widely used in classes, as well as sold to people operating successfully in the business world, the eagerly awaited revision of Influence reminds the reader of the power of persuasion.
Cialdini organizes compliance techniques into six categories based on psychological principles that direct human behavior: reciprocation, consistency, social proof, liking, authority, and scarcity.
- Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition
- Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
- The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century, 4th Edition (Communication Series)
- The small BIG: small changes that spark big influence
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.