Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches: Effective Alternatives, 3rd Edition
by Reid K. Hester, William R. Miller
Hardcover: 301 pages
Publisher: Allyn and Bacon
List Price: $95.00
Your Price: $79.13
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches is a comprehensive, results-based guide to alcohol treatment methods. This handbook surveys the various models that have been used to define alcoholism, ending with a discussion of what the authors call "an informed eclecticism." Using this approach, clinicians develop a spectrum of treatment approaches that have proved effective in practice, then match specific clients with the treatment methods that offer the greatest opportunities for success in these specific circumstances. This new edition of this handy reference provides both practitioners and researchers with a rich source of information on treatment interventions demonstrated to be the most successful. Clinical Psychologists and Alcohol Treatment Specialists.
- Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition (Applications of Motivational Interviewing)
- Addiction and Change: How Addictions Develop and Addicted People Recover (Guilford Substance Abuse)
- Inside Rehab: The Surprising Truth About Addiction Treatment--and How to Get Help That Works
- The Sober Truth: Debunking the Bad Science Behind 12-Step Programs and the Rehab Industry
- Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.