The Musician's Journey: Crafting Your Career Vision and Plan
by Jill Timmons
Paperback: 192 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press
List Price: $17.95
Your Price: $15.89
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The Musician's Journey escorts musicians, performing artists, music teachers, and advanced music students along the road toward a successful career, offering a vast array of resources to guide them from envisioning the process to achieving the practical details. Jill Timmons provides key tools throughout the journey, from sources as diverse as the world of myth to current brain research, which illuminate compelling real-world examples of music entrepreneurs who forged their own paths to success. Included are chapters on careers in higher education; guidance in how to develop a business plan; general tips on grant writing and financial development; a separate section exploring the stories of other successful musicians; and personal narrative taken from the author's work as a professional musician and consultant. The book includes an extensive bibliography of additional resources, and the companion website offers downloadable worksheets and questionnaires to help readers along their way.
- Lessons from a Street-Wise Professor: What You Won't Learn at Most Music Schools
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning a Living & Making a Difference
- Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music
- How I Made $100,000 My First Year as a Piano Teacher
- Keyboard Interpretation From the 14th to the 19th Century: An Introduction
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.