Music Research: A Handbook
by Laurie J. Sampsel
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press
List Price: $49.95
Your Price: $44.96
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Clear, concise, and practical, Music Research: A Handbook, Second Edition, introduces students to the major print and electronic research tools available today.
With a strong focus on the connection between music and writing, this comprehensive guide is ideal for use in both undergraduate and graduate music courses that require students to engage in library research or to write research papers.
Rich pedagogy (evaluation checklists, guidelines for theses, appendices on major documentation styles, Library of Congress subject headings/call numbers, annotated bibliographies, and more)
Expanded overview of the research process and various methodologies
Updated chapter on online music content and more integrated coverage of Internet resources
Updated companion website (www.oup.com/us/musresearch) containing related links, updates to bibliographies and readings, research tools listed by composer, and lists of core music journals and major professional music associations
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, Eighth Edition: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- A Short Guide to Writing about Music (2nd Edition)
- Writing about Music: A Style Sheet
- Writing About Music: An Introductory Guide (4th Edition)
- Graduate Review of Tonal Theory: A Recasting of Common-Practice Harmony, Form, and Counterpoint
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.