Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music
by Angela Myles Beeching
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
List Price: $21.95
Your Price: $14.96
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The first edition of Beyond Talent quickly became a favorite among classical and jazz musicians, and has been used in courses at scores of conservatories and universities. This expanded second edition provides updated user-friendly advice, inspiring examples, and practical tools to advance a career in music. Packed with new tips and resources, Beyond Talent now covers everything from social networking tools, to commissioning, branding, and online fundraising, as well as tips on staying motivated, assessing one's strengths and weaknesses, and managing time, money, and stress. Loaded with new sidebar profiles from entrepreneurial musicians, artist managers, and concert presenters, the new edition balances warmth and candor with straightforward advice on developing and sustaining a meaningful life in music. Beyond Talent is the ideal companion for students and professionals, emerging musicians and mid-career artists.
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning a Living & Making a Difference
- The Musician's Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance, and Wellness
- Lessons from a Street-Wise Professor: What You Won't Learn at Most Music Schools
- The Music Teaching Artist's Bible: Becoming a Virtuoso Educator
- The Self-Promoting Musician-Strategies For Independent Music Success (2nd Edition)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.