True Wealth: How and Why Millions of Americans Are Creating a Time-Rich,Ecologically Light,Small-Scale, High-Satisfaction Economy
by Juliet B. Schor
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books
List Price: $16.00
Your Price: $11.93
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
A groundbreaking statement about ecological decline, suggesting a radical change in how we think about consumer goods, value, and ways to live.
In True Wealth , economist Juliet B. Schor rejects the sacrifice message, with the insight that social innovations and new technology can simultaneously enhance our lives and protect the planet. Schor shares examples of urban farmers, DIY renovators, and others working outside the conventional market to illuminate the path away from the work-and-spend cycle and toward a new world rich in time, creativity, information, and community.
- What Every Environmentalist Needs to Know About Capitalism
- Labor, Economy, and Society
- The Consumer Trap: Big Business Marketing in American Life (History of Communication)
- Great Jobs for Sociology Majors (Great Jobs for ... Majors)
- How Much is Enough?: Money and the Good Life
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.