The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
by Norman Doidge M.D.
Paperback: 427 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books
List Price: $17.00
Your Price: $10.91
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
An astonishing new science called "neuroplasticity" is overthrowing the centuries-old notion that the human brain is immutable. In this revolutionary look at the brain, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Norman Doidge, M.D., provides an introduction to both the brilliant scientists championing neuroplasticity and the people whose lives they've transformed. From stroke patients learning to speak again to the remarkable case of a woman born with half a brain that rewired itself to work as a whole, The Brain That Changes Itself will permanently alter the way we look at our brains, human nature, and human potential.
- Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life
- The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
- Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves
- Soft-Wired: How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Can Change Your Life
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.