The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
by Norman Doidge
Paperback: 427 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books
List Price: $18.00
Your Price: $11.23
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
An astonishing new science called "neuroplasticity" is overthrowing the centuries-old notion that the human brain is immutable. In this revolutionary look at the brain, psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Norman Doidge, M.D., provides an introduction to both the brilliant scientists championing neuroplasticity and the people whose lives they've transformed. From stroke patients learning to speak again to the remarkable case of a woman born with half a brain that rewired itself to work as a whole, The Brain That Changes Itself will permanently alter the way we look at our brains, human nature, and human potential.
- The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity
- A Primer in Positive Psychology (Oxford Positive Psychology Series)
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life
- The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force
- Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.