Stealing Buddha's Dinner: A Memoir
by Bich Minh Nguyen
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books
List Price: $16.00
Your Price: $12.62
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
As a Vietnamese girl coming of age in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Nguyen is filled with a rapacious hunger for American identity, and in the pre-PC-era Midwest (where the Jennifers and Tiffanys reign supreme), the desire to belong transmutes into a passion for American food. More exotic- seeming than her Buddhist grandmother's traditional specialties, the campy, preservative-filled "delicacies" of mainstream America capture her imagination.
- Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions (Enriched Classics)
- We Need New Names: A Novel
- The Book of Unknown Americans
- The Oxford Book of American Short Stories
- The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.