The Uncanny (Penguin Classics)
by Sigmund Freud
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Penguin Classics
List Price: $16.00
Your Price: $12.08
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Freud was fascinated by the mysteries of creativity and the imagination. The groundbreaking works that comprise The Uncanny present some of his most influential explorations of the mind. In these pieces Freud investigates the vivid but seemingly trivial childhood memories that often "screen" deeply uncomfortable desires; the links between literature and daydreaming; and our intensely mixed feelings about things we experience as "uncanny." Also included is Freud's celebrated study of Leonardo Da Vinci-his first exercise in psychobiography.
- Tales of Hoffmann (Penguin Classics)
- The Interpretation of Dreams: The Complete and Definitive Text
- Powers of Horror: An Essay on Abjection (European Perspectives Series)
- The Wolfman and Other Cases (Penguin Classics)
- The uncanny: An introduction
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.