Classroom Management for All Teachers: Plans for Evidence-Based Practice (3rd Edition)
by Ennio C. Cipani
Paperback: 216 pages
List Price: $37.80
Your Price: $27.80
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This book is based on the idea that a behavior management plan can be as effective in preventing problematic classroom behavior as it is in managing it and utilizes an evidence-based approach to solving problems. It offers easy-to-implement, research-based plans for addressing problematic classroom behavior in two key areas: on-task time/assignment completion and disruption/rule violation. The author introduces a dozen behavior management plans in non-technical language. This eliminates the need for extensive training in behavior therapy or learning theory.
- An introductory chapter addressing “evidence-based” practice in education–Explaining the scientific nature of the book's plans and introducing the rationale behind the use of such practice.
- A chapter on the “beeper” system for enhancing student engagement.
- Introduces a recently developed device, the “MotivAider”–explains how it works, when it is best used, and what can be expected when it is used.
- A common format in each plan chapter (Chapters 2 -12)–Description, terms, apparatus, baseline measurement, procedures, “how it works,” additional considerations, hypothetical cases, “what if,” and forms.
- Facilitates comparison among plans–helps future teachers develop their intuitive sense for what works with which learners, and why.
- Discussion of a “dual plan” strategy for addressing disruptive behavior–Teaming a plan for stopping the disruptive behavior with one for encouraging desired behavior.
- Illustrates the advantage in tackling certain problem behaviors “on two fronts”–offers specific plans that work concurrently to change “bad” behavior into “good” behavior.
- A wide range of plans–For individual students, small groups, and entire classrooms.
- Expands the repertoire of both beginning and veteran teachers–provides a full complement of strategies to fit a wide range of situations and behaviors.
- Perforated pages--Enables teachers to tear out specific plans for implementation.
- A Practical Guide for Special Education Professionals
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
- Managing Classroom Behaviors: A Reflective Case-Based Approach (5th Edition)
- Interactions: Collaboration Skills for School Professionals (7th Edition)
- Characteristics of and Strategies for Teaching Students with Mild Disabilities (6th Edition)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.