Classroom Management for All Teachers: Plans for Evidence-Based Practice (3rd Edition)
by Ennio C. Cipani
Paperback: 216 pages
List Price: $37.80
This book is based on the idea that a behavior management plan can be as effective in preventing problematic classroom behavior as it is in managing it and utilizes an evidence-based approach to solving problems. It offers easy-to-implement, research-based plans for addressing problematic classroom behavior in two key areas: on-task time/assignment completion and disruption/rule violation. The author introduces a dozen behavior management plans in non-technical language. This eliminates the need for extensive training in behavior therapy or learning theory.
- An introductory chapter addressing “evidence-based” practice in education–Explaining the scientific nature of the book's plans and introducing the rationale behind the use of such practice.
- A chapter on the “beeper” system for enhancing student engagement.
- Introduces a recently developed device, the “MotivAider”–explains how it works, when it is best used, and what can be expected when it is used.
- A common format in each plan chapter (Chapters 2 -12)–Description, terms, apparatus, baseline measurement, procedures, “how it works,” additional considerations, hypothetical cases, “what if,” and forms.
- Facilitates comparison among plans–helps future teachers develop their intuitive sense for what works with which learners, and why.
- Discussion of a “dual plan” strategy for addressing disruptive behavior–Teaming a plan for stopping the disruptive behavior with one for encouraging desired behavior.
- Illustrates the advantage in tackling certain problem behaviors “on two fronts”–offers specific plans that work concurrently to change “bad” behavior into “good” behavior.
- A wide range of plans–For individual students, small groups, and entire classrooms.
- Expands the repertoire of both beginning and veteran teachers–provides a full complement of strategies to fit a wide range of situations and behaviors.
- Perforated pages--Enables teachers to tear out specific plans for implementation.
- A Practical Guide for Special Education Professionals
- Teach Like a Champion: 49 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College (K-12)
- Language and Literacy Disorders: Infancy through Adolescence
- Behavior Management: A Practical Approach for Educators (10th Edition)
- Charlotte Huck's Children's Literature: A Brief Guide
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.