Western Wind: An Introduction to Poetry
by David Mason, John Frederick Nims
Paperback: 688 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
WESTERN WIND is an introduction to the elements of craft that make poetry sing, a superior anthology of classic and contemporary poetry, and a guide for students to poetics, writing about poetry, and critical theory. In this text, two well respected poets bring their love of the craft of poetry into a book that teaches as well as inspires. The text also includes exercises, chapter summaries, games, diagrams, illustrations, and 4-color reproductions of great works of art.
- The Triggering Town: Lectures and Essays on Poetry and Writing
- The Sleeve Waves (Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry)
- In the Permanent Collection (Vassar Miller Prize in Poetry)
- The Norton Anthology of Poetry
- You Can Heal Your Life (Gift Edition)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.