How to Write a Movie in 21 Days: The Inner Movie Method
by Viki King
Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
List Price: $15.99
Your Price: $11.76
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
The ultimate survival guide, How to Write a Movie in 21 Days takes the aspiring screenwriter the shortest distance from blank page to complete script.
Viki King's Inner Movie Method is a specific step-by-step process designed to get the story in the writer's onto the page. This method guides the would-be screenwriter through the writing of a movie. It answers such questions as:
- How to clarify the idea you don't quite have yet
- How to tell if your idea is really a movie
- How to move from what you want to say saying it
- How to stop getting ready and start
Once you know what to write, the Inner Movie Method will show you how to write it. It also addresses such issues as:
- How to pay the rent while paying your dues
- What to say to your spouse when you can't come to bed
- How to keep going when you think you can't
For accomplished screenwriters honing their craft, as well as those who never before brought their ideas to paper, How to Write a Movie in 21 Days is an indispensable guide. And Viki King's upbeat, friendly style is like having a first-rate writing partner every step of the way.
No book can find your ideas for you, but this one provides a great service in helping you discover and develop a story, and to come up with the completed script. King helps you learn to think cinematically, in the language of the movies, and to keep asking the essential questions as they work: What's the story? Who is the story about? Do you care about the characters? Does anyone? King also tries to help you survive not just the structural pitfalls that can derail a script, but also the mental or emotional whirlpools that can prevent any artist from finishing a project.
- Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need
- Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting
- The Screenwriter's Workbook (Revised Edition)
- How Not to Write a Screenplay: 101 Common Mistakes Most Screenwriters Make
- Save the Cat! Goes to the Movies: The Screenwriter's Guide to Every Story Ever Told
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.