The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone--Especially Ourselves
by Dan Ariely
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Harper Perennial
List Price: $14.99
Your Price: $13.17
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Dan Ariely, behavioral economist and the New York Times bestselling author of The Upside of Irrationality and Predictably Irrational, examines the contradictory forces that drive us to cheat and keep us honest, in this groundbreaking look at the way we behave: The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty.
From ticket-fixing in our police departments to test-score scandals in our schools, from our elected leaders’ extra-marital affairs to the Ponzi schemes undermining our economy, cheating and dishonesty are ubiquitous parts of our national news cycle—and inescapable parts of the human condition.
Drawing on original experiments and research, in the vein of Freakonomics, The Tipping Point, and Survival of the Sickest, Ariely reveals—honestly—what motivates these irrational, but entirely human, behaviors.
- The Upside of Irrationality: The Unexpected Benefits of Defying Logic
- Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- Blind Spots: Why We Fail to Do What's Right and What to Do about It
- Moral Mazes: The World of Corporate Managers
- Detecting Lies and Deceit: Pitfalls and Opportunities
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.