The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
by Peter F. Drucker
Paperback: 208 pages
List Price: $16.99
Your Price: $9.60
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
What makes an effective executive?
The measure of the executive, Peter F. Drucker reminds us, is the ability to "get the right things done." This usually involves doing what other people have overlooked as well as avoiding what is unproductive. Intelligence, imagination, and knowledge may all be wasted in an executive job without the acquired habits of mind that mold them into results.Drucker identifies five practices essential to business effectiveness that can, and must, be learned:
- Managing time
- Choosing what to contribute to the organization
- Knowing where and how to mobilize strength for best effect
- Setting the right priorities
- Knitting all of them together with effective decision-making
Ranging widely through the annals of business and government, Peter F. Drucker demonstrates the distinctive skill of the executive and offers fresh insights into old and seemingly obvious business situations.
- The Practice of Management
- The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization
- The Essential Drucker: The Best of Sixty Years of Peter Drucker's Essential Writings on Management (Collins Business Essentials)
- managing for results
- The Effective Executive in Action: A Journal for Getting the Right Things Done
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.