The Leader's Companion: Insights on Leadership Through the Ages
by J. Thomas Wren
Paperback: 376 pages
Publisher: Free Press
List Price: $18.99
Your Price: $11.20
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This book serves as a guided introduction to the richly diverse perspectives on leadership throughout the ages and throughout the world.
Each of the selections, introduced by the editor, presents enlightening thoughts on a different aspect of leadership. Writings by Plato, Aristotle, Lao-tzu and others demonstrate that the challenges of leadership are as old as civilization. Machiavelli, Tolstoy, Ghandi, and W.E.B. Du Bois provide a wide range of insights into the eternal practice and problems of leadership. Modern masters of leadership such as James MacGregor Burns, John Kotter, and Warren Bennis join such leading practitioners as Max De Pree and Roger B. Smith in discussing contemporary issues in leadership theory and practice.
- The Art and Science of Leadership (7th Edition)
- Leadership: Theory and Practice, 6th Edition
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations
- Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates (SAGE Study Skills Series)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.