The Writer's Tune-up Manual: 35 Exercises That Will Scrape the Rust Off Your Writing
by Craig Hart
Kindle Edition: 166 pages
Publisher: Sweatshoppe Publications
One thing every writer wants is the opportunity to improve their craft, to hone their skills, and create the most dazzling prose possible. The Writer’s Tune-up Manual is just what you need. Maybe you’ve been away from the game for a while, struggle with a certain aspect of writing, or perhaps you just want to put your skills up on the rack and give them a good tuning. Filled with 35 targeted exercises, The Writer’s Tune-up Manual will help you do all these things by expanding your writing savvy in five specific areas: Character Development, Dialogue, Point of View, Description and Setting, and Plot.
The exercises in The Writer’s Tune-up Manual are more than just writing prompts; you can find those anywhere. No, The Manual gives you a real opportunity to flex your literary muscles by laying out detailed, often difficult assignments. Nobody said that becoming the best writer you can would be easy, so roll up your sleeves, flex your fingers, and get ready to take your writing to a whole new level!
- Making a Scene: A Guide for Fiction Writers
- Writing Subtext: How to craft subtext that develops characters, boosts suspense, and reinforces theme (Elizabeth Lyon on writing craft)
- How To Diagnose Your Character: Using Psychology To Create an In-Depth Character
- Dialogue Tips & Traps: A Guide for Fiction Writers
- Show or Tell? A Powerful Lesson on a Crucial Writing Skill
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.