Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success (Smashwords Guides 3)
by Mark Coker
Kindle Edition: 175 pages
Publisher: Mark Coker via Smashwords
"This book actually made me cry at the end and that is unusual for a non-fiction book. It just gave me the validation as a writer that I've never had before. Seldom do I run across other writers in person and so reading Mark's book really was a confidence booster. I recommend this book to all writers especially those who are new. It's the added boost we all need to see our little "babies" rise from the literary crib to adulthood."
~ 5-star Review by: Kathleen Morris on Sep. 27, 2012 at Smashwords
Learn the 30 secrets of the bestselling self-published ebook authors. Learn how to make your book more discoverable and more desirable to readers. Learn how to reach readers around the globe at Amazon and other major retailers.
This updated 2013 edition of The Secrets to Ebook Publishing Success has already helped tens of thousands of self-published ebook authors publish more professionally and with greater success.
This ebook is a must-read for every writer, author, publisher and literary agent. Whether you're considering publishing a book for the first time, or you're a long-time veteran, this book will help you take your self-publishing to the next level.
Includes a comprehensive glossary of e-publishing terms. No technical experience necessary!
A great companion to Mark Coker's other popular e-publishing guides, The Smashwords Style Guide (how to format and publish an ebook) and The Smashwords Book Marketing Guide (how to market any book for free).
Share the secrets. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
Secret 1: Write a great book
Secret 2: Pinch your pennies
Secret 3: Create a great ebook cover
Secret 4: Practice metadata magic
Secret 5: Write another great book
Secret 6: Build reader trust
Secret 7: Embrace your obscurity
Secret 8: Spend your time wisely
Secret 9: Maximize distribution
Secret 10: Avoid exclusivity
Secret 11: Give (some of) your books away for FREE
Secret 12: Understand the algorithm
Secret 13: How retailers select titles for feature promotion
Secret 14: Patience pays
Secret 15: How books develop (the four behaviors)
Secret 16: Trust your customers and supply chain partners
Secret 17: Platform building starts yesterday
Secret 18: Architect for virality
Secret 19: Tweak your viral catalysts
Secret 20: Optimize discovery touch points
Secret 21: Practice the never-ending book launch
Secret 22: Think globally
Secret 23: Study the bestsellers
Secret 24: Develop a thick skin
Secret 25: Think beyond price
Secret 26: Pricing Strategy: Unit volume is a lever for success
Secret 27: Ebook publishing is easy, writing is difficult
Secret 28: Define your own success
Secret 29: Leverage preorders to increase sales
Secret 30: Share your secrets
Appendix I – Glossary of E-Publishing Terms
Appendix II – Special acknowledgements for beta readers
Appendix III – Credits
Appendix IV – Reproduction rights (how to distribute this book freely)
- From Word to Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Microsoft Word, or Tips on Designing and Formatting Your Text So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- Pictures on Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Photos, Paintings, Drawings, and Other Graphics, or Tips on Formatting Your Images So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's)
- Publishing on Amazon Kindle-The Complete Guide for eBook Kindle Business!: How to Start a Home Based eBook Kindle Business to Earn Extra Money and Passive Income (publishing on amazon, kindle direct)
- Write Short Kindle Books: A Self-Publishing Manifesto for Non-Fiction Authors (Indie Author Success Series Book 1)
- Mommies Making Money Online: Learn To Build Run and Grow an Online Business - Designed and Written Specifically For Moms
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.