Art, Inc.: The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist
by Lisa Congdon
Paperback: 184 pages
Publisher: Chronicle Books
List Price: $16.95
Your Price: $12.43
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
You don't have to starve to be an artist. Build a career doing what you love. In this practical guide, professional artist Lisa Congdon reveals the many ways you can earn a living by making art—through illustration, licensing, fine art sales, print sales, teaching, and beyond. Including industry advice from such successful art-world pros as Nikki McClure, Mark Hearld, Paula Scher, and more, Art, Inc. will equip you with the tools—and the confidence—to turn your passion into a profitable business.
LEARN HOW TO: • Set actionable goals • Diversify your income • Manage your bookkeeping • Copyright your work • Promote with social media • Build a standout website • Exhibit with galleries • Sell and price your work • License your art • Acquire an agent • And much more
- Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
- Creative, Inc.: The Ultimate Guide to Running a Successful Freelance Business
- ART/WORK: Everything You Need to Know (and Do) As You Pursue Your Art Career
- Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers: A Sketchbook for Artists, Designers, and Doodlers
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.