The Counseling Practicum and Internship Manual: A Resource for Graduate Counseling Students
by Shannon Hodges PhD LMHC ACS
Paperback: 328 pages
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
List Price: $55.00
Your Price: $48.97
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
For many counseling students, the first experience with a counseling practicum or internship can be daunting. With this manual, students in practicum and internship settings receive the orientation and guidance they need to successfully navigate field placement.
In this book, author Shannon Hodges shares over 16 years of expertise in counseling and clinical training. He discusses everything students need to know to fully understand all aspects of the practicum/internship process. The book provides detailed guidelines to selecting and applying for an appropriate practicum/internship, performing responsibly on the job, maintaining ethical standards, and much more. The manual comprehensively covers practicum/internships in all settings, including rehabilitation, school, mental health, addictions, and marriage and family counseling.With this book, students will learn how to:
- Select, apply to, and interview for the internship/practicum
- Use the practicum/internship as a means to land a job
- Create a professional identity and demeanor
- Navigate ethical, legal, and professional issues
- Comply with HIPA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Use various new, leading technologies in counseling
- Write clinical case notes and develop treatment plans
- Set clear boundaries with clients and deal with difficult colleagues
- Clinical Interviewing
- Becoming a Therapist: What Do I Say, and Why?
- Encyclopedia of Counseling Package: Encyclopedia of Counseling: Master Review and Tutorial for the National Counselor Examination, State Counseling ... Preparation Comprehensive Examination
- Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches: Effective Alternatives, 3rd Edition
- Counseling Strategies and Interventions (8th Edition) (Interventions that Work Series)
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.