Fictitious Dishes: An Album of Literature's Most Memorable Meals
by Dinah Fried
Hardcover: 128 pages
Publisher: Harper Design
List Price: $19.99
Your Price: $15.92
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Fifty Iconic Culinary Scenes from Literary Classics Sure to Delight Readers, Foodies, and Photo-Junkies Alike
Fictitious Dishes serves up a delectable assortment of photographic interpretations of culinary moments from contemporary and classic literature. Showcasing famous meals such as the madcap tea party from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, the watery gruel from Oliver Twist, the lavish chicken breakfast from To Kill a Mockingbird, the stomach-turning avocado-and-crabmeat salad from The Bell Jar, and the seductive cupcakes from The Corrections, this unique volume pairs each place setting with the text from the book that inspired its creation. Interesting food facts and entertaining anecdotes about the authors, their work, and their culinary predilections complete this charming book, which is sure to whet the appetites of lovers of great literature and delicious dishes.
- Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist
- Artists, Writers, Thinkers, Dreamers: Portraits of Fifty Famous Folks & All Their Weird Stuff
- The Art of Clean Up: Life Made Neat and Tidy
- The Oldest Living Things in the World
- There Was an Old Geezer Called Caesar: A History of the World in 100 Limericks
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.