Focus: The Hidden Driver of Excellence
by Daniel Goleman
Hardcover: 320 pages
List Price: $28.99
Your Price: $19.69
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
In Focus, Psychologist and journalist Daniel Goleman, author of the #1 international bestseller Emotional Intelligence, offers a groundbreaking look at today’s scarcest resource and the secret to high performance and fulfillment: attention.
Combining cutting-edge research with practical findings, Focus delves into the science of attention in all its varieties, presenting a long overdue discussion of this little-noticed and under-rated mental asset. In an era of unstoppable distractions, Goleman persuasively argues that now more than ever we must learn to sharpen focus if we are to survive in a complex world.
Goleman boils down attention research into a threesome: inner, other, and outer focus. Drawing on rich case studies from fields as diverse as competitive sports, education, the arts, and business, he shows why high-achievers need all three kinds of focus, and explains how those who rely on Smart Practices—mindfulness meditation, focused preparation and recovery, positive emotions and connections, and mental “prosthetics” that help them improve habits, add new skills, and sustain greatness—excel while others do not.
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
- Search Inside Yourself: The Unexpected Path to Achieving Success, Happiness (and World Peace)
- Humble Inquiry: The Gentle Art of Asking Instead of Telling (BK Business)
- Emotional Intelligence: 10th Anniversary Edition; Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
Scribendi offers Books and Software in association with Amazon.com. Portions copyright Amazon Inc. and its affiliates used under license.